HomeGroup on Win7 Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tjronek1

I have a Dell Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS and everytime i try connecting to the existing homegroup that was created using windows 7 home premium, i get an error. all it seems to tell me is "Homegroup has encountered an error," so i open the troubleshooter and it says some problems may be network related, so i chose to troubleshoot that, and it says the troubleshooter could not find any problems. If it helps, i have a Cisco Valet Plus Router (m20)

help would be much appreciated.
thank you so much
:)

tjronek1

I have tried anything i could find on any online resources. if anyone has anything they could say to help, please speak up. now none of my computers are on a homegroup, and everytime i try to create one, i get a different error message saying "windows cannot create a homegoup on this comoputer"

right-click on "My Computer" icon on desktop if you have it on there,select properties and make sure the WORKGROUP name is same on all Pcs,next go to network and sharing on one machine select Set up a new connection or network and follow instructions,reboot all pcs when completed.

TerryNet

Terry
how do i change the password on the first computer then??
Network and Sharing Center - Choose homegroup and sharing options - Change the password... .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online