1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Homegroup

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by satguy, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satguy

satguy Thread Starter

All of a sudden while working on my computer, I just noticed that the homegroup icon was there. Tried to get rid of it but could not. I mean I tried to delete it, to move it to recycle bin, nothing. So now, coming back from having a coffee, I noticed that it disappeared. BUT now, my laptop downstairs and my main desktop which has all of the bell and whistle, are no longer connected and I tried and tried to get them hooked up again but to no avail. I changed the password, resetted everything, got out of homegroup and started fresh, nothing. When I tried to input a password, a very easy password like "password" (no room for mistake there) all it says is either wrong password or wrong user....I scanned everything with Norton 360 and nothing is shown. The only thing that I realized, is that I just purchased a program hours earlier ( I am in marketing) and when I tried to download the program I had a warning from Norton .msi extension. I had these extension before and the only warning was that there was very few users that downloaded the program so I went ahead and downloaded it. BUT when I tried to run it, I really had a warning from Norton so I stopped right there and I did NOT download it. As a last resource, I reverted the computer at an earlier stage, which made this program disappear from the desktop but I still cannot get my homegroup back. I know about computer, but I think I know just enough to be dangerous. This is why my request for help. I don't know what to do....All I know is that it happenned yesterday, and I don't dare doing any banking or stuff like that until I know for sure that I am safe.....

Thanks

Satguy:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice