Homepage being a bit skew-iff

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

meat_golem

it doesnt always happen, but sometimes when i click "home" the hompeage doesnt completely load. I get the "done" message along the bottom, but the address bar and header on my i.e displays the details of the page i was just visiting. the page itself is blank (see attached image)

i have no idea why this happens, but it isnt a spyware/virus, because i run AVG and Adaware, AND spybot, and use ZoneAlarm, all of which are fully updated...

so, what could the problem be? any help appreciated.

Attachments

meat_golem

adding a HJT log.

does anyone have ANY ideas?

Will changing browser solve this problem? Im using IE6...

Attachments

JonathanAnon

Banned
Seem like the issue may be with your connection. If you had spyware or viruses you would at least be able to do some browsing. What type of connection do you use? Can you use other protocols while connected (i.e. FTP etc etc ) It may be just a problem with IE.

meat_golem

thanks for the suggestions. as you can tell, im a novice with this kind of thing.....

i have no problem with browsing the internet, its just with the homepage, whenever i click the home icon, it shows the loading bar along the bottom, and then says "done", but the page is blank and the address bar and header both show the previous page's details.

e.g i could be at amazon.co.uk, and when i press home i get a blank page, but the header says amazon, and the address bar has the amazon address in it. The only way to actually get my homepage is to close IE and reopen it...

It only seems to occur when my homepage is set to google.co.uk. if i change my homepage to something else, e.g money.co.uk, it works fine. so could this be a probem with google?

now i also run Yumgo Homepage protecter, so could this have any effect? It does a good job of keeping my homepage as google, but as i say, the page doesnt load.. could this have anything to do with it?
my connection is a wannado anytime 56k. possibility of lag?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online