1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Homepage protection from AOL

Discussion in 'General Security' started by calvin-c, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned Thread Starter

My new PC came with this installed but I can't seem to find out what it does. The default home page (in IE) is a hosted AOL page (aol.hp.com, IIRC) so I'm not sure if this protects just that page (in which case I don't want it) or if it more generically protects whatever home page I set (in which case I might as well keep it).

I absolutely hate companies that don't tell you what their products do. Or do so in such obvious 'marketing' terms that you know you can't trust what they say.

2. invalidhost

invalidhost

I got an HP netbook a few months ago and just found the same "Homepage Protection" in my Add\Remove Programs list. I don't want anything AOL on my computer, For the mostpart I really can't stand preinstalled software!

Hopefully it's okay to uninstall?

3. keon123

keon123

does anyone know anything at all about this "homepage protection" from aol?

4. benderfrom

benderfrom

i got the dame thing ..whats worse is that it is a 800+MB program..which to me means that it is not really homepage protection
    ..but i dont know what it is.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/882046