1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HOMMIV Mouse pointer interfering with game pointer

Discussion in 'Games' started by Honey63, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

When I load HOMMIV, my white mouse pointer is staying next to the hand pointer of the game. I've checked all the mouse settings on my computer, and in the game, but nothing seems to clear the standard white pointer. It's really starting to annoy me, because it interferes with game play. Anyone know how I can get rid of this pesky white pointer?

TIA.

2. RT

RT

HI Honey63

The only thing I could find in the game FAQs regarding a mouse pointer problem was this:

Even though that is not your specific problem, you might want to try that just for the heck of it, ya never know:)

You can also try (if you haven't done so) installing the patch and update, available HERE

3. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

I've changed the settings and I'll see how I go later this evening and let you know if it works. I've run the Game Update and I'm up to date, so that's not the problem. Thanks for your help RT! :D

Rob.
    (RL! ;D)

4. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

Sadly it didn't work RT, but thanks for helping! :D

5. RT

RT

This is (another) long shot -
    but would you by any chance be using a Logitech or other wheel mouse and have installed the software that it comes with?

6. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

No RT, just a standard Microsoft mouse. If it was a long shot that was going to pay off, I can get a Logitech if you like!! lol

Rob.

7. RT

RT

LOL
    Don't be so difficult:D ,
    and speaking of long shots I wouldn't advise either of us to go to the racetrack!;)

DO, however, get you an optical mouse (Logitech, MS, etc) they are <$20.00 and you'll love it! No need to install the software that comes with it, Windows will detect it just fine. (which was sorta what I was getting at above)

No ball to clean or contacts to wear out....very accurate, and you don't even need a mouse pad! Will work on about any surface except a mirror!

If that seems silly, just think Valentine's , Anniversary, Christmas, Birthday...that way it will definitely be <$20! :D

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

BOL
    RT

8. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

Hmmmmm ... it sounds suspiciously like the mouse my hubby has at HIS desk, just feet away. Perhaps I should pinch his!! lol Actually he still owes me a birthday present from a few weeks ago, and Valentine's is around the corner, so guess what I'll be asking for!! :D

Thanks again for your help RT, and if I EVER solve this problem, you'll be the first to find out how I did it! ;D

Take care,

Rob.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!