1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hooking up a wireless router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ambgkar, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ambgkar

ambgkar Thread Starter

I am not very computer literate. Everything I know has been self taught plus a couple of Dummies books. I have computers in two rooms. If i get a wireless router, will I be able to install it myself?

2. norton850

norton850

Yes. It's not difficult. Does either system already have a network card? Will they share an Internet connection? What OS do you have?

3. stevecook

stevecook

You should be OK - just follow the instructions, plus you can download the full manual for the router. Any problems you have post on here and these guys will help you out.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I moved this to networking, which is more appropriate.

You'll need a wireless router and wireless adapters for any machine you want to run wirelessly. Plan on having one machine connected to the router directly, which will be necessary for any configuration of the router.

You can frequently find really good deals on wireless routers at these sites:

More Stuff 4 Less

Tech Bargains

Deal News

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice