Hooking up an Xbox 360 controller to a laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sayaka

I want to hook up my Xbox 360 controller to my windows laptop. I bought a wire to hook it up. Here's what it looks like:
shopping.png
I plugged the wire into the controller and USB port (I tried both ports) but the controller won't work. In my settings, the controller is called "Unknown Device." It says that the driver is unavailable.
Screenshot (116).png
I don't have the same issue with any other devices plugged into the USB port(s.) I have a USB controlled mouse that works just fine, so it doesn't have anything to do with my USB port(s.) I tried updating my laptop, but the controller still didn't work.
.Screenshot (120).png If there are any details I might have missed out on, I'm happy to provide what I can.

sayaka

I've read that and I did everything I could on there, but nothing worked :/

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Have you read the user manuals that came with your Xbox 360 controller and the game you're using?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online