1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hooking Up Case fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mb90078, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb90078

mb90078 Thread Starter

I'm thinking about getting some case fans in addition to the ones already on my computer....how would I get power to them (what cords would I connect) and how hard is thius?

2. bencpht

bencpht

You should only need 1 or 2 case fans if you're not overclocking anything. If you are overclocking, check some overclocking web sites for diagrams regarding airflow. You'll want some fans pulling air (usually in front) and some fans pushing air (in rear). Some fans need to attach to mobo for power, others use the power connectors from the power supply. Even others take a connector from PS, and extend another connector off of it. You'll want to make sure you've got a big enough power supply to run all these fans. Check the overclocking websites, they can go into more detail.

3. olivercoles

olivercoles

any fan you buy should come with a 3 pin (connects to motherboard) to 4 pin (connects to powersupply) connector, use it!

Some fans use so much power that they can blow the MoBos fan header.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115854

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice