1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hooking Up DVD Player to Flat Screen

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Miercaky, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Miercaky

Miercaky Thread Starter

I'm trying to hook up a DVD player and satelite box to a Sanyo flat screen tv for someone. But there are only one red, yellow and white wire plug-ins that I can use on the flat screen, which I used for the satelite box.
    The flat screen has HDMI plug-ins but I can't plug them into the DVD player or the satelite ( satelite box is slightly out dated). Is there some kind of adapter so that I can use the red, yellow and white wire in replace of the HDMI? Or is there an adapter of some kind to hook up more than one red, yellow and white wire to the flat screen and still be able to use video 1 and video 2? Also, there is cable/coax hook up on the flat screen and the satelite box but I've heard the the picture will not be as good.? Do I need special cable wire or ends?
    The directions for the DVD player a terrible and the out dated satelite manual is missing. Could someone please tell me the best route to take to get the best picture quality and be able to seperate the satelite and DVD player using video 1 and video 2.
    Thanks!

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

3. m00k

m00k

I think a composite video switch would be a better idea than a converter. These are very similar to USB hubs that you probably use for your computer, but instead of computer devices and the like, these switches allow you to plug multiple composite (Red White and Yellow) sources into one input on your TV. You plug all the devices you want into the little box, then plug the box into the TV input. Then just press the button for whichever one you want to use.

You can find these at almost any electronics store for $25 tops.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Composite-Selector-Switch-Gamecube/dp/9867299434/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270851872&sr=8-1

4. Miercaky

Miercaky Thread Starter

m00k, This sounds like what I need. Thanks

5. m00k

m00k

No prob :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice