1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hooking up laptop to tv

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by CoryT, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoryT

CoryT Thread Starter

hello i have a rear projection dpl with a svga input and a laptop with a svga output.

iM Ttrying to hook up my laptop to my tv...i think it should be pretty straight forward...just plug the cord in right?

but my question is....how do i get my laptop to send out a signal through the svga ouput instead of the laptop screen?

hmmmm thats it i guess...if u guys have any other tips that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    Cory

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Your laptop may have the SVGA output disabled as a power saving feature. Some systems may check the SVGA connector for an attached display on power-up and enable it while others may use one of the keyboard function keys to turn the external video on and off.

Post your laptop's manufacturer and model number and somebody here may be able to provide you with specific instructions.

3. CoryT

CoryT Thread Starter

hmmm i can't remember the exact model...but it's san acer laptop....

i think the model starts with w....lol

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!