1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hooking up SOUND BLASTER

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Snoop_Dixs, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Snoop_Dixs

Snoop_Dixs Thread Starter

I have a sound blaster card and two cd-rom drives. One is burner the other is just a cd-rom.

I use the cd-rom for playing games and the burner for burning discs.

I have the audio cable from the sound card going to the burner. The burner is the slave drive and the cd-rom is the master.

I was wondering does the audio information go from my cd-rom drive to the audio cables connected to the burner? I am using my sound card with the cd-rom? It says that the sound blaster can be attached to up to two devices but, I have no other cables with it.

Thanks for the help

2. Tecumseh

Tecumseh

First of all, are you getting sound (SoundBlaster quality) from your CD ROM drive with your current configuration? If so, you're home free. If, not ... or you're not sure ... pay a visit to your local computer store and pick up a second cable.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    WHich sound blaster card to you have? You should have a cable from either the cdrom to the cd-in on the sound card. and a cable from the burner to the Aux in on the sound card. Some also have a TAD in this is for a Telephone Answering Device. For some modems that require the connection to your sound card itself. The sound cable for a cdrom will also work on the cdrw. tehy usually cost like 3 or 4 dollars. Unless you go to Radio Shack Then they are like 6 or 7 dollars

4. Snoop_Dixs

Snoop_Dixs Thread Starter

I have a sound blaster audiogy 2 zs. I do get sound from my cd-rom, it sounds fine, but I am not sure if I am getting the quality I sould be.

I would hook the audio cable directly into the cd-rom but it is too short and does not reach. Do they sell them in differently lengths?

thanks

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Odd as it may seem yes they do make them different lengths. I do not know if it is by design though. I bought 2 cdrws of the same type once, they both came with different length cables. One was about 19" the other was at least 24"

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice