1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hooking up stereo speakers to a tv

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by calibretto, Jan 2, 2005.

1. calibretto

calibretto Thread Starter

Nov 1, 2001
    hey, guys. this has nothing to do w/ computers, but my dilemma is still electronic, so i thought i'd ask you. i currently have a stereo system w/ six speakers attached. the stereo sits in my entertainment center next to my tv w/ the speakers all around it, and i would really like to hook the speakers to my tv. but i'm not sure how to do it. the stereo has no a/v jack on the back, so i don't even know if it's possible, but if anyone can help me or direct me to a how to site or something, i'd greatly appreciate it.
  2. Big-K

Nov 22, 2003
    If there are no a/v jacks, then I don't think it's possible. That seems pretty odd though.
  3. Cosmic

May 5, 2003
    First you should check that the TV has an audio signal out. If it doesn't that would require going inside and tapping into the circuit to get the signal.

I did this on my old TV, it had an external audio jack out. Just ran a shielded cable between the TV and went into the stereo using the AUX input. Your typical stereo should have both a Phono and AUX input jack.

It was the same deal, stereo had a very complete speaker system attached, on mine, I can even use my home control system to shift the signal around to speakers in many rooms. Duh, no TV pic's but can listen to the TV. :D
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/314402