1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hooking up two computers to play game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Acadias, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Acadias

Acadias Thread Starter

I love the old Ages Of empires Conquers addition, they have stopped the mulitplayer gaming for this and I was wondering since I have two computers to Conquers disk with there own Key Codes, how can I play the game with someone in my own house.

I have two dell computers, One is Visita the other is with XP, I have both hooked up to a switch for the high speed internet.

I had tring just to use the IP address for each computer but all we can see is each others IP but we can't connect.

HELP

2. wiley8425

wiley8425

I'm not familiar with that one, but if LAN play is supported you should be able to go with that.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Depends. What is the IP addresses that you see?

4. Acadias

Acadias Thread Starter

The Ip address I see is our two computers. But for some reason the game will not allow us to play, is there another way around this?

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I was asking the IP addresses so I know exactly what is going on.

the main cause that stops the connection is firewalls. Also AoE uses the IPX protocol so both computers should have that installed.

Check this thread out. Someone else had the same issue:
    http://forums.techguy.org/games/969619-solved-age-empires-2-conquerors.html

Please confirm the ip addresses as well as I think you may something else as well.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice