1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hopefully a simple answer Icon size.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gary rabbitt, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gary rabbitt

gary rabbitt Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I know how to change the size of "all" the desktop icons, but is there a way to for example, change "one" icon to a slightly larger size?

I know there are porgrams to make custom looking folders with different colors or images, and I do know how to make regular icons from images.

Just need to know the process how to make one icon larger.(If possible)
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Gary

2. Ginosko

Ginosko

Well if its a shortcut you can right click it and look for the icon you want. So it would go like Right Click Icon> Change Icon> Find Icon to your Preference. I did it on my comp, just make sure that Icon for the file filter is there.

3. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH

Yeah at best so far we'd suggest you get a bigger image/picture. But i have a feeling this could involve a program or using the registry.

4. gary rabbitt

gary rabbitt Thread Starter

HI,

Thanks but I already know how to apply an icon to a shortcut using the method you described.
    The icons are a specific size when saved, and as far as I know, there is no way to save an icon at a bigger size than 52X46

I opened the icon image, strectched it to 72X66 hit save. Applying it as a shortcut, still showed the smaller size. So, getting a larger image does not work.

This is how I make my own icons/shortcuts. Open the image in Paint, then save as XXX.ico
    Paint will save the image, no matter how big, as an icon in the 52X46 size.

I just made an icon from a 1200X1200 bmp, saved it as test.ico. The icon is small size as the others.

I need to have one icon only on the desktop to be larger than a standard icon.
    Thanks
    Gary

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437771