1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hopefully a simple question

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by n370, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n370

n370 Thread Starter

I use a dial-up connection and Win98SE...

When I would close a browser I would receive a prompt that asked if I also wanted to disconnect from the internet. I found this prompt annoying and disabled it. However, others in my household apparently liked this feature. So, I have been poking around to try and find a way to re-enable this prompt-window (a check-box in an Options list somewhere?)...but with no luck. If anyone knows where/how I can revive this prompt-box I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

2. dugq

dugq

Start-settings-internet options-control panel-connections-highlight your connection-settings-advanced-disconnect when no longer needed.

3. n370

n370 Thread Starter

thanks. that was what i was looking for.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!