Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully an easy one to answer

535 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jscb1 
#1 ·
I recently had my PC demise. I was trying to install a new hard drive, which was faulty and I suspect the power supply was dying anyway. Ironically, the old hard drive, which I suspected of being responsible for the PC's slow performance and strange clicking noises, runs fine in the drive caddy I bought to transfer over the data (the new one wouldn't power up, never mind initialise in it).

As we have laptops that run fine, there is no hurry either to repair or replace the PC (replacing it is probably cheaper). While trying to get the new hard drive to power up (power connections too tight), the whole PC ceased whirring although the green light stayed on and ignored anything I did with the power switch. I've now unplugged it. If it is the power supply unit, it's probably taken out the motherboard like the last one did and that proved expensive to fix.

This does leave me with a DVD-RAM drive and a DVD RW drive plus a floppy drive, all of which work fine. Are there caddies/enclosures to suit these or would those for 3½" hard drives be suitable? This may sound a weird question, but I hate throwing away things that still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.