1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Horizontal lines on log in screen/ once I log in blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Connmal, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connmal

Connmal Thread Starter

I have been trying to fix this for a good 4 hours now, it occurred suddenly, my computer force restarted and I got these white lines only when I got into the log in screen, the loading windows screen did not have these lines, there around about 8 of them across my monitor, I ignored them at first and tried to log in, but when I log in a blue screen with no text comes up, and so I restarted my computer and entered safe mode with networking, it loaded fine, with no horizontal lines.
    However when loading it did pause on a driver for a while, AswRvrt.sys ,though it said it loaded and safe mode with networking did start.

So to try and get a normal boot to work I tried a system repair, this didn't fix it, I also tried a system restore, again this didn't fix it either, the lines still appear on a normal boot, I have no idea what's causing it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1156118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice