1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

horizontal lines on screen?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gal_kimhi, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gal_kimhi

gal_kimhi Thread Starter

hi there!

i got a Benq E220HD monitor and Sapphire 4870 1Gb video card.

in some games that i play, especially when there are darker colors, i see some broad horizontal lines running up and the screen (kind of like those you see if you take a video camera and shoot the screen).

i had the same problem with one of the games (Bioshock) and then i changed the video setting so that there will be V-sync, and everything wa ok, but with other games, nothing that i can think of fixes it.

what should i do?

2. foxydude

foxydude

Can you change the refresh rate via the control panel >display>settings>advanced>monitor. Also hunt around in the general tab it mentions about some games working with different settings

3. gal_kimhi

gal_kimhi Thread Starter

change it to what? higher or lower?

4. foxydude

foxydude

sorry, generally i go higher - for example my screen rny at 75mhz although it was 60 when i got . it stopped all the flickering and lines I got with some software

5. gal_kimhi

gal_kimhi Thread Starter

well it is on 60 Hz and i cant get it any higher

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

6. foxydude

foxydude

You have some cool gear ! I went to the manufacturers website for the graphics card http://www1.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=298&grp=3

The thing that stands out to me is whether you motherboard is geared up to take you graphics card - Your motherboard needs to be ;

ATI CrossFireX™ technology requires an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard, an ATI CrossFireX™ Bridge Interconnect and may require a specialized power supply.

Check these things out maybe you graphics card it too demanding for your motherboard???

Your monitor is also capable of 1920 x 1080 pixels , have you tried altering the pixel sizes for the different games ?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!