1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Horrible Lag, I Mean BAD Lag

Discussion in 'Games' started by lpjz50, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lpjz50

lpjz50 Thread Starter

Ok, So I Just Reformatted My Computer, Installed Direct X9c And Updated All My Drivers Includeing Windows Updates. I Run A HP Pavilion dv8000 with AMD CPU Processor With Ati Radeon 200m Series Graphics Card. Now Get This. I Get All the Drivers Done, And I Click On One Of My Games I Just Got Two Days Ago, And Wanted To Play. The Game Is Hunting Unlimited 2009. Ok, I Get In On Free Hunt Mode And Everythings Cool Until I Get This Horrible Studdering Lag In It About 20 Seconds After It Starts. Then I Tried Counter Strike, 1.6 And Source. Both Do It Also. Then I Tried Battlefield 1942, 2142, And 2 And All Do It. I Thought It Might Have Been My CPU Overclocked, So I Uninstalled My AMD Processor Driver, Which Didnt Help, Made It Worse. So I Reinstalled The AMD Driver.
    I Have Tried Several Things : Downgrading My DirectX to 8.1 = No Good
    Reinstalling DirectX 9c = No Good
    Reinstalling Windows XP [Home Edition SP2] ( I Reformatted Because I Had The Same Problem On The Last Computer = No Good
    Installing Updates = No Good
    If Anyone Could Help, And Actually FIX The Problem, That Would Be Splendid.

Thanks, And Sorry If This Is The Wrong Section
    LPJZ50

2. Agentscar

Agentscar

After re-formatting,de-fragmenting is always good,causes lag sometimes...ALL your games shouldn't be doing this..you may need to lower settings,but I dunno.....

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

What drivers have you installed so far? Should be motherboard ( or chipset), graphics, and sound as a bare minimum plus anything over and above. If they are all installed, might be worth seeing if there are newer versions available. As you have an HP, did you get updates and drivers from them or from ms? Usually you have to go to the HP site, as normal updates are not always compatible with propriatory brands :)

4. lpjz50

lpjz50 Thread Starter

Im Running The Following Specs :

AMD Turion9tm0 64 Mobile
    Technology ML-40
    1.58GHz, 1.00GB of RAM
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

My Drivers For My Graphics Card Is An ATi Radeon Xpress 200M Series.

Also, I Have Tried To De-Frag And Nothing Still. And Yes, All My Games Do It, I Have Reformatted 5 Times In teh Past 1 Year, To Fix This Issue, Nothing Works.

Thasnks For The Help Everyone, Only If It Would Help :)

5. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

6. sup2a

sup2a

by the looks of the stats its a laptop, running an extra card is only going to give you a 25% increase in the best case anyway (in a normal computer of course you cant in a laptop) Laptops are not good for gaming... a desktop with less power would run them better...
    However is this a problem that has only just started, were games playing well before this problem? Or has this been a problem from the start?

7. mcnugget

mcnugget

Could i ask if you are playing these games online whilst the problem occurs or is it just playing local on your PC?

8. lpjz50

lpjz50 Thread Starter

local, i never play online, my internet is crap, and it lags when playing in a window also, at 800 x 600 framerate goes from 70 to 10 then to 70 again an repeats every 20 seconds, cometimes every 5

9. lpjz50

lpjz50 Thread Starter

o, and telecom69, i checke dmy grapcics card for updates and to see if i could do the multiple graphics cards, and it wasnt able to...and also to sup2a, this has been going on for 4 months now, ever since i installed counter strike 1 week after i installed battlefield 2, which i installed 2 days after i had just reformatted for the 2nd time, so its been constant, and i havent been able to bare it

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!