1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Host is unreachable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pudden Tane, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pudden Tane

Pudden Tane Thread Starter

2 nights ago I purchased a Linksys WPC54GS for my laptop so that I could access the Free Wireless Internet at the motel I was staying at in Ohio, and it worked great. Now I am in a hotel in CA that has free Wireless Internet access also, and my computer says I'm connected, but when I try to access the internet I get "Host is unreachable or DNS server culd not resolve the DNS name." Can anyone tell me what to do to get online?

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Go down to the front desk and ask them for their network settings/codes etc. See if they can help you since its their network.

3. SacsTC

SacsTC

Start>run>cmd Ipconfig /release Wait for it to release. Ipconfig /renew Wait for the new #'s. Exit. Note the space between Ipconfig and / when you are typing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!