1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

host process for windows services stopped working and was closed. A problem caused th

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by safeer89, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. safeer89

safeer89 Thread Starter

Hi. I get this pop up error message every time I use my computer. About 15 minutes into using it I get a pop up that says, "host process for windows services stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."
    After this error message comes, Windows Explorer CONSTANTLY stops responding and everytime i open the start menu and use the search bar on it, it stops responding. I click to restart Windows Explorer. It closes but does not restart. I even try to run the process in Task Manager, but to no avail. This is really ticking me off right now and I cannot click anything in my desktop and cannot browse files on my computer. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

2. Mohhand

Mohhand

Okay don't panic but this happend to me and it will get a lot worse! You have a couple options! 1.Re-Image 2. Try fixing this by updating using windows update 3.Use antivirus Usually this is caused after your computer has been hi-jacked or a virus swept through or even after you have gotten rid of a trojan! I recommend kaspersky!

3. safeer89

safeer89 Thread Starter

Oh and then Windows Vista's theme crashes and it turns to the classic theme. Oh and the person above me, how'd you solve it? Thanks

4. Mohhand

Mohhand

I did a re-image!

5. safeer89

safeer89 Thread Starter

can u please tell me what that is and what it does and where I can get it? I already tried a system restore. It completed successfully but it didnt solve the problem

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice