1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hosting a website on the go?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by hairybusdriver1, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hairybusdriver1

hairybusdriver1 Thread Starter

I am a college student always on the go, and I wanted to develop a website. however all i have is a laptop. I do not own a desktop computer. Is there a place online where I could possibly host a website and access it from anywhere, as I am always traveling.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

All online hosted websites can be accessed from anywhere. Not sure I understand your concern or why the type of computer you have enters into it at all. You don't even need a computer to host a website (except perhaps for setting it up or signing up for one).

3. ehymel

ehymel

Having a laptop or desktop is irrelevant to your question.

You need a website host, the choices are many. Which one will depend on what you want to do. We'll need more details about that before you can get any meaningful help.

4. DrP

DrP

5. sepala

sepala

you can design a web site using whatever the computer you have. I don't know whether you have web designing skills and you need to develop a site by your self or you need to hire a designer or you need to create something free like a blog page. If you need to create a free web page or blog there are many free sites out there.
    Anyway, after you host it to the WWW, no matter, you can access it from anywhere.

6. hairybusdriver1

hairybusdriver1 Thread Starter

Oh ok, well obviously you can all tell i dont know exactly what I am talking about. anyways that answered my question. thanks a lot.

7. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

8. Ainsley

Ainsley

I think that you should consider finding out more about how websites are created before buying hosting...

9. angelll

angelll

Try this site http://www.thewebpole.com/ to get the hosting and also get the domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc...

10. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

An anonymous entity that's only been around for one year:
    http://whois.domaintools.com/thewebpole.com

... and appears to have a site that's mostly ripped-off from Godaddy.

No, I think not. (n)

11. sepala

sepala

This site is dangerous. WOT reputation is "Red"

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice