1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hosting company

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by GST, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GST

GST Thread Starter

i just went from Godaddy to Crediblehost. I found myself going from bad to bad. I am looking for a good hosting company with GREAT customer service. Any suggestions?

2. mussavcom

mussavcom

I'm using LunarPages. It's the best hosting company possible, and I mean that.

2 basic plans, Shuttle and Voyager:

Shuttle: $7.95 per month. For that little money, it has 800 MEGABYTES of storage, and 40 GIGabytes of bandwidth! Literally all you'll need, unless you have a huge site with tons of visitors. They don't limit anything like the type of files or anything dumb like that. Also, MySQL database and PHP support.

Voyager: $22.95 per month. 1200 MB storage, and 80 GB of bandwidth.

All plans have unlimited e-mail accounts.

Oh, and tech support? One word: WOAH.

ok. First of all, you can call them during their office hours. But they have 24-hour/day, 7-day/week, 365-day/year e-mail support. If you messed something up on your account, or have any questions, or anything like that, they will respond to your e-mail, generally within hours (it's usually taken me half an hour to 2 hours for the first response). Even better, they have their own forums, http://lunarforums.com , where they have support staff and customers who will help you practically the instant you post an issue.
    I'm not trying to advertise, I just don't want you to go wrong again with hosting. This is, seriously, the best hosting company around. You can't find 40 gigs of bandwidth for $7.95 and the best support possible anywhere except LP. They have an excellent referral program, too, but that's not why I'm referring them: they're seriously the best. Check out their forums, http://lunarforums.com , you won't find any dissatisfied customer.

LunarPages Web Hosting

You can get your site up and running in a matter of hours.

I'm on the Shuttle plan. My site is extremely fast, and is almost never down (99.9% uptime, and they stick to it, too). Anytime I have a question--how to set up an e-mail account, how to create cron jobs to run scripts, even help with PHP, HTML, ASP, JavaScript, etc., I post on the forums and get an answer before the end of the day, usually even in an hour or less.

3. hoopkidups

hoopkidups

4. mussavcom

mussavcom

That site lists LunarPages as 6th, mainly because "Unfortunately, it has been reported that some of their plans only include email support, and no telephone support." That isn't true. Telephone support and forum support are included and free on all plans.

IPowerWeb, another great one, has really bad service and a little too much downtime for my liking.

5. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

How great is your need for support? What kind of support do you require.

6. Fyzbo

Fyzbo

I use www.icdsoft.com the price is right, the features work for what I need it for, and they have 24 hour tech support with a guarantee to answer your question promptly.

7. nightstalker

nightstalker

well if you whant free hosting id recomend miniport only 25 mg file and then u can host of your own computer very simple just like file acsess

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/225682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice