1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hosting -- e107 Install on 1and1 Web Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Tscott13, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tscott13

Tscott13 Thread Starter

Heres the deal. I have the 1and1 microsoft hosting, the beginner package. I am trying to setup and install e107. I ftp'd the files into a sub folder on my server. I naviagated to the install.php as directed in the install directions, and nothing. I tried making a .php file with a script line that is supposed to test the php, but nothing. Screenshot It seems like php isnt enabled or something in that field. Any help would be great!

Thanks

2. Sequal7

Sequal7

I don't know for sure, but it does not look like you get PHP with that package and there are no SSI's either!

Is this the correct service you are using?

There is a way better host out there that offers a whole lot more than this for a only a few dollars more.

3. Tscott13

Tscott13 Thread Starter

Ah. There isn't php or mysql support, I thought there was for some reason. Any recommendations for what I need for under 6-7 $ ? Thanks

4. Tscott13

Tscott13 Thread Starter

Anyone? Any good / past experiences?

5. Sequal7

Sequal7

Use webhost4life.com they are awesome and under 6.00 per month.

6. Tscott13

Tscott13 Thread Starter

Do you have an account on there? If so, whats your id so I can give you sponsor credit for referring me there.

7. Sequal7

Sequal7

yes, my id is oakbayfire, if you do go with them thanks for the referral !

I (our depatment) has been with them for 6 years, very happy.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/696178