Hot Weather and CPU heat

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fed_beauch

First: Im running on an MSI K8T Neo motherboard with an AMD64 2800+ at 1.8ghz

Its hot outside and i do not have air conditioning (broken) and the ambient temperature in the house is about 28-30 degrees...

I noticed my computer is performing poorly or slower than usual, Then I received an message in one of my games that my CPU temperature is high and that it may influence gameplay.

I downloaded SpeedFan 4.24 and my CPU at idle was burning at 59-60 degrees! :eek: I turned the computer off and felt the case (it was abnormally hot)
I opened the casing and put a fan beside it to vent air and cool it off for 10 minutes...

after that i turned on my computer and checked the temp. It was 38 degrees on and slowly got up to 47 degrees and remained stable.(all that With case open and big Fan blowing in it) (y) then i surfed a bit and opened up some music to see if the temp would rise and got to 49 max and relatively stable.

But when i start CPU straining programs like 3d games and such, it rapidly increased to 55-56degrees and remained stable at that...

To me thats very hot considering case is opened and fan is blowing in it...
Id like to know what do you think about that temperature... :confused:
is it safe for my processor to work with? Do I need more fans? Without the big fan it goes up to 60 easily...

fed_beauch

I read up on the site and aparently my processor is capable of running smoothly up to 70 degree mark but being close to that is usually bad... if my CPU at 60 degrees was idle than active must have been near 70 easily... I will keep the case open and my fan blowing in it during the summer and keep my CPU cool!

The guy that made my computer said to me just now that 56 degrees is natural for my CPU when loaded... When temperatures go down ill remove the fan and see the temperature hopefully it will keep within that range...

Thanks for the link.

fed_beauch

Well what do you know... The guy that assembled my computer asked I f I had enabled cool n' Quiet... I said : C&Q? what's that? and he told me it was an option in the bios... ICREDIBLY! with that option on my CPU temp at idle is a Whoping 25 degrees ONLY!!!
when loaded it went up to 33 degrees which is still very good!

(allthough it was with the case opened and blown in by the fan..)

I think my computer is better than ever before!

I estimate 35 idle and 45 active with case closed which is Great temp!!

pugmug

Banned
Just two questions for your system builder,as I am one myself.Why did not that person enable that function for you when the system was built? Does it being enabled degrade your system preformance?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online