Hotmail account has disappeared from my computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Boniface

My Hotmail account is no longer accessible in Microsoft Outlook on my computer, although I can still open Hotmail using my iPad and iPhone.. I have tried reinstalling it, using the incoming and outgoing server settings shown on my iPad - but this doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Try clearing your browser data and cookies on the website. If this doesn't work, then see if you can access it from a different browser.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you get any error message, if so, what is the complete message?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello! You didn't specify what version of Outlook on your computer that you are using. If you are not using an modern app, you will need to use a different password in your account called an App Password.

If you have 2 Factor enabled, more than likely you need an App Password too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts