1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail and Gmail

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by melchizedek, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. melchizedek

melchizedek Thread Starter

Morning chaps,

Have just moved over to Gmail...which contrary to what I read, is working really well for me. Anyway, I have my one Gmail personal account, and one hotmail account. Obviously the Gmail notifier checks my Gmail account. But I'd still like MSN messenger to check my hotmail account.

When I click on the "goto my inbox" link on MSN messenger, it takes me to thunderbird, although I have hotmail ticked as my default application, and have enabled hotmail as my default account. How can I get MSN messenger to check my online hotmail account for me ?

EDIT: I tried uninstalling Thunderbird.....and enabling hotmail as default again, but now the "goto my inbox" link on MSN messenger doesn't do anything at all when I click on it. Any ideas ?

cheers....mel

2. Tuppence2

Tuppence2

Hello,

Try uninstalling Thunderbird, and with it out of the way, see if you can set up Hotmail as your default mail client.

I expect someone else will have a better idea. Good Luck.

Bye,
    Penny. :)

3. melchizedek

Hi Penny,

Yeah...I've tried this and now the "check my inbox" link does nothing at all. Thanks for the thought though.

mel

4. Tuppence2

Tuppence2

Hello melchizedek,

Oh dear. I'd get on the to Mozilla Thunderbird forums, if I were you. See if they can help.

Best of luck.

Bye,
    Penny.

5. melchizedek

Hi Penny,

To be honest I'm done with Thunderbird for now anyway (having gotten rid of my pop accounts), and am quite happy with Gmail and my hotmail account. I just want to be able to check my hotmail account through MSN messenger. I've tweaked about with it a bit more, and now when I click on the "inbox" link in messenger the page loads and I go to my hotmail account. But it still isn't detecting any new emails from within MSN messenger. So some progress..but not a great deal to be honest...lol

Thanks anyway.

mel

6. Tuppence2

Tuppence2

Hello,

Do you know about e-Prompter, which notifies you when you have mail, through multiple addresses? You can read, reply, delete, etc. though the little program without logging on to your separate email addresses?

Not sure if it will do what you want, but here's the link for you to take a look. I find it very useful and have it set up to check my Hotmail, Myway, Yahoo and Blueyonder addresses.

http://www.eprompter.com/

Hope you get things sorted the way you want, eventually.

Bye,
    Penny.

7. melchizedek

Thanks Penny,

Will check it out :)

8. Tuppence2

Tuppence2

Hello,

:) Hope you find it of some use, even if not for your original purpose.

Bye,
    Penny.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!