1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hotmail and OE

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Honey2aB, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

Is it normal to have both hotmail and OE in use at the same time? What I mean is that I use hotmail to send and receive emails all of the time, yet my received messages will also show up in the OE box.

If I click on the OE icon it will take me to its page but in the centre of the screen there is a box that says.." outlook express is not currently your default mail client. Would you like to make it your default mail client?" Then it asks yes or no. I click no as I only use hotmail.

Is it ok to have both at the same time, or should I disable OE, since I don't use it, but it keeps filling up? Thanx.

2. mobo

mobo

You must have set the hotmail account up in outliik express to have the mail going in there. You could just remove the account from it and stop that from happening further.

And yes you can have two or more open at the same time if you so wish.

3. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

I don't even know what was done to my computer when I first got it. Someone set up the account for me. Whether they went thru OE I have no idea. :confused:

I don't think I really need to have the both of them open at the same time, as I only use hotmail. Is one better than the other? Or basically just the same.

Sorry to be tedious, but how do I close the OE account? :) :confused:

4. mobo

mobo

Just open outlook express and click on tools/ accounts/
    highlight the hotmail account in the list then click "remove"

5. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

So this will get rid of the outlook express account? Remember, I want to keep the hotmail.

6. mobo

mobo

How do you want to access hotmail ? Through outlook or online through the msn page ?

7. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

Normally, I go thru msn.

8. mobo

mobo

then just follow the advice here
    ' Just open outlook express and click on tools/ accounts/
    highlight the hotmail account in the list then click "remove"

It will remove the account from outlook express so you will have to go through msn to get it.

9. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

:rolleyes: Ok, ok. Did it. Hey, I'm computer challenged :( Please be gentle. I would dearly love to grasp all of the computer talk but when I start hearing it..for some reason I get that deer in the headlights look. And that's funny, b cuz I really want to learn. Go Figure.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice