1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail Attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by markwalker, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markwalker

markwalker Thread Starter

I'm running on windows ME, celron 800mhz, 10gb HDD and 128 MB, Ive recently bought the above as a laptop and the machine is only two months old.

I previously had a Hotmail account and while i lost access to a computer i was still able to get to my hotmail account.

So.... getting there...

I have recently received scanned photo's from friends along with an attachment from LOGOMANAGER and each time i attempt to download it, i get the ' No virus found' message and try to download the said attachment.... with me so far?.... this is where it goes funny.... i click on the download button, i then get asked ' save to file... or open file' message... you know the one.... i click on save file... box then opens asking where to save it too.... at this stage the file always calls itself ..'getmsg' i then try and save it... it downloads for approx one second.... saying download complete.... i then go to the desktop to see the said attachment.... and what do i get.... the hotmail screen saying' no virus found on attachment' download now?

its starting to do my head in boys (&girls) i know the download time should normally take about 2 minutes depending on file size but WHATS HAPPENING?????

All my thanks in Advance...
    Mark

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

When you are saving the message, what is listed in the files of type at the bottom? What is listed when you are trying to view it?

3. markwalker

markwalker Thread Starter

The file from Logo manager is a lmk file, when i try to save it my options are:

HTML files or All files

If i try to view it (if you mean open it) it just returns to the same box, asking to save or open....

Hope you can help

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

I cannot find nor have I heard of that file type before. My guess would be that the problem is on the senders end. Check with them and see if they will save and send in a different format.

5. angel

angel

I'm had that problem soooooo many times with Hotmail, I couldn't even count. I'm positive the problem is with Hotmail because if I download my messages into OE, the attachment came through fine. In addition, sometimes if I just left the email in my account and tried it a few days later, the attachment was fine.

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

The lmk is what gets me.

7. hewee

hewee

Forget about going tru Hotmail for that dounload and there sick way of screwing up attachments with "getmsg".
    I would get the link to the site that has LOGOMANAGER and just download it form there.

Maybe I way around it is to try and have the other person zip up the files into one zip and maybe Hotmail will not start it BS.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice