Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotmail bounce back emails

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
Reason: The following message to rodfraserlive@hotmail.com was undeliverable.The reason for the problem: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [78.144.6.133] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [BN3NAM01FT059.eop-nam01.prod.protection.outlook.com]
This is a typical bounce back message when trying to send email to a hotmail recipient.
I use windows10 and outlook 2013 along with talktalk.
I appear to be on a block list but who do you contact to change this?

#4 ·
You didn't mention you had contacted your ISP before posting here, so that's an important element in the overall troubleshooting experience. When I ran an IP check on the one mentioned in your post against this spam database lookup, it was flagged by this site. You can actually go there and see if you can get that IP de-listed. Once they do, check it again against the spam database and, if all clear, attempt to send another email to that address.

#5 ·
Your IP address (assigned by TalkTalk) and at least one of TalkTalk's outgoing mail servers are each on at least one spam blacklist. Only you (see lochlomonder's above post) or TalkTalk can get those addresses removed from blacklists.

#9 ·
So should I go back to talktalk
Yes, and you'll probably have to insist on talking with a supervisor or "tier 2." The entry level folks who answer the phones know little or nothing about this matter and just want you to hang up as quickly as possible to make their metrics look good. A second or third level person should be able to understand and deal with the issue.

#8 ·
So make it simple: To prevent spam abuse, there are lists that contain information on who sends out spam emails. These blocks are done by IP address and are usually tied to the email provider.

Your email provider is being blocked by your receipient's email service because it has been reported that your email service provider has been flagged for spam abuse.

Generally blocks are for a 24 hour period and then you would be able to resend again, however depending on what blacklist the email service provider is on, it will take communication to the black list holder to remove the block.

Considering this is a somewhat big-ish company and not a small business, I would think the block will be temporarily however you should be able to contact your provider to let them know that Microsoft is blocking emails from their service and they should be able to contact the correct people.

Other than that, you are stuck.

#10 ·
I rang talktalk again and this time the guy who answered did the business with very little problem. he was realy clued up on this problem. so why did they not deal with it the first time when I was also put through to a supervisor without success. If I have any more problems I would like to ask for Marlon who was on the ball. Thank you for your help and suggestions anyway. Much appreciated. I am new to this and did not know there were such helpful people about.

#11 ·
so why did they not deal with it the first time when I was also put through to a supervisor without success.
I do not know. I have two guesses. Maybe the second person is more knowledgeable about these matters than the first one. Maybe many or all of the support staff have become aware of the issue because many other customers have called with the same complaint or because their audit or security software has uncovered the issue.

Could you please tell us what the supervisor did or promised to do? Has the problem now been resolved for you?

#12 ·
On Friday it was not a supervisor just the first person to answer my call. He said he had carried out a reset, of what I don't know but he did put things right almost immediately. Then some test emails were sent to prove things were ok. I have had no problem since and I am back in touch with all my contacts who use hotmail. I am happy again after three weeks of trouble. thanks once again for you efforts to assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.