hotmail.com account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cinders

Hello

I have a hotmail.com account which is fine.
I also have Outlook Express and can receive mail in Outlook Express from my hotmail account with no problems.

I have just created a hotmail.com account for my friend.
I can receive mail from this new account to my own hotmail account but I am having problems receiving e-mail from this account to my Outlook Express.

NB. It is my friends hotmail address that I want to be able to receive messages from. I can receive them fine from my own hotmail account.

Can anyone please offer any advice.

Thank you Cinders

If your friend is using the free hotmail service, then you cannot access the account with an editor such as Outlook Express. You can only access Hotmail externally if the account is a paid option.

Cinders

Thank you for your reply.

Is this a new ruling as I can still send myself an e-mail from my free hotmail account, to my Outlook Express Account which I have had for about three years? I also managed to send a message from my Outlook Express to his free Hotmail account, which he received.

Thanks for your help.

Cinders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online