1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail connector with Outlook 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Ram4, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ram4

Ram4 Thread Starter

I have Windows 7 installed

I have several hotmail accounts and have been succesfully downloading emails from these accounts in Outlook 2007.

Recently I installed Office 2010.

Installed outlook connector 32 bits and verified that is installed.

When I go to outlook 2010

- I do not see "outlook connector" displayed on tool bar or anywhere else. Where can I see in outlook 2010

- send/receive tries to download hotmail files but I ger error message..

Task '[email protected]' reported error (0x80004005) : 'There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web. Error: 4350.

I did access emails directly from hotmail without any problem. Also I did the same with outlook 2007.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. BenTechMac

BenTechMac

Could you just clarify something for me.

When you opened Outlook 2010 were all your accounts and emails imported already? (i.e was it an upgrade)

If so, have you tried re-adding a hotmail account now in Outlook 2010? You dont need to look for the connector, you just need to add an email account as you normally would a non hotmail one. The connector works behind the scenes in Outlook 2010

Let me know?

3. BenTechMac

BenTechMac

Hello,

Having delved a bit deeper the error 4350 is often attributed to a corrupt address or addresses in your junk mail filter (that was probably imported from office 2007)

If you are happy to delete the entire Safe Senders and Recipients list as well as blocked senders, this seems to have rectified the problem for a lot of people.

Alternatively, you could do one by one until you find the culprit

Either way I hope either post results in a positive Outlook lol.. see what I did there?

4. Ram4

Ram4 Thread Starter

Hello

Thank you very much for your help.

Outlook 2010 was an upgrade. I had Outlook 2007 previously. All accounts including hotmail were set up previouly.

I deleted all hotmail accounts and created new hotmail account. hence, it does not have any email, contact etc. I added this new account to Outlook 2010 and got the same error. I logged into new hotmail account directly and it is fine. Somehow, I am unable to get emails in outlook 2010 from hotmail accounts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for all hyour help

5. BenTechMac

BenTechMac

Hello,

Did you try the next post I put? About junk filter settings.. anything imported over from 2007 might be causing the issue?

Let me know :)

6. Ram4

Ram4 Thread Starter

Hello

I tried several times open /lose outlook and suddenly all folders from my new hotmail account showed up in outlook. I was able to send an email also. However i stll get the following error

Task '[email protected]' reported error (0x80004005) : 'There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web. Error: 4350. '

Any suggestions?

Thanks

7. BenTechMac

BenTechMac

I'm not sure we are on the same page :)

Have a look at the screen shot

The majority of fixes have pointed at a corrupt email address within the junk email filter.

It says delete them all from each list (safe senders, Safe recipients and blocked senders.)

Then see if the error happens. This fix has fixed the majority of the issues

Attached Files:

8. Ram4

Ram4 Thread Starter

Hello

Thank you very much. I did exactly what you have indicated... deleted safe senders, Safe recipients and blocked senders.

All folders (inbox, sent etc) of hotmail are downloaded by outlook. I can see these folders. However I still get error message:

Task '[email protected]' reported error (0x80004005) : 'There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web. Error: 4202. '

I tried the above with

I checked with web that these email accounts are ok

Hope you have an idea. Thank very much for all your help

1) a new email account I created today
    2) with an existing email account

9. BenTechMac

BenTechMac

I've just noticed the final part of the error message has changed from 4350 to 4202. in your last post.

I'm just trying to break mine.. so I can see what could cause it :)

BRB

10. Ram4

Ram4 Thread Starter

Yes.. The stange part is that error message sometimes 4350 and other times 4202... I just ran again and this time I got 4350 !!!

I just do not understand.

Thank you for all your help

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/934793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice