1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail contacts list

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Mutti, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutti

Mutti Thread Starter

Hotmail users, could you help me out here? Once upon a time, I had a short list of "favourites" on the compose message page, and then Hotmail changed that and put my entire list of contacts in a drop-down menu (by email address, not by name -- awkward, but I managed). Now that's gone as well.

I spent a good half hour last night, trying to build a favourites list ... read through all the help topics, and found nothing to tell me how to do it. I open up the "Favourites" and it tells me there's nothing in there; I try to "edit favourites", but I can't type in addresses, and there's nothing in the contact list that I can *add* to the favourites list. I opened up a contact at random, and there is all the info: the name, quickname and email address ... and a little box -- already ticked -- that says "mark this contact as a favourite" ... but my favourites list is still empty.

Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone else have this problem? Clues how to fix it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223486

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice