Hotmail Delivery Fails - - help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DNeurococo

When I email someone from "hotmail" I get a delivery failure notice with the following message:

Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;500 SYNTAX ERROR, COMMAND UNRECOGNIZED
LINE BY ITSELF
ELP
hich

Does anyone know what that means, or how I can contact the "hotmail" people about it?

I am not doing anything unusual in the email (no attachments or special characters, or whatever - - just text). Don't know what "line by itself" is supposed to mean. Happened several times with several different recipients. People that I've emailed successfully before thru hotmail. What gives?

#$DN

I'm not sure exactly what the message means, although I think it is a server-side error, based on the "500" code being returned. As far as contacting hotmail, you have two options:
From the website:
Help us troubleshoot outages with your Hotmail Service by calling (1)(650)964-7200, 10am - 5pm Pacific Time Monday - Friday.
*or* you can try to email [email protected]

DNeurococo

Come to think of it, only happened with AOL addresses. I'll try to test out some other addresses - - but it doesn't happen every time, so it might take a while to get an example of a non AOL address.

Thanks for your advise so far. I'll try contacting hotmail about it.

BTW, the "failure" message I get comes from the address you listed: [email protected]. The failure message said that it was automatically generated, so I assumed that it was just a "bot" and that I wouldn't get a response if I emailed back. But I'll try it anyhow.

#$DN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online