1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail & eBay account hacked

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by likelylad, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likelylad

likelylad Thread Starter

Hi,

Today I received an email from eBay saying that I requested my username (which I didn't), so I went onto ebay and saw that it was in My Messages folder as well, so thought it was ok.

But then while I was on msn I kept receiving emails from eBay, so I clicked on the email icon and I was prompted to enter my password for hotmail. I entered my password but it said that it was incorrect (even though I was still logged into msn messenger). I kept trying but still didn't work. I then went onto ebay to find that the exact same thing has happened, someone has changed my account for ebay as well.

I did go on the 'Forgotton your password' link for msn, but the secret question was just '????????' so I couldn't change it.

I've changed my paypal, amazon and play emails and passwords and contacted ebay, but is there anyway I can get my hotmail account back? Or anything else that I should do?

cheers

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Only by trying to answer the secret question or by trying to contact Hotmail and proving that you are the rightful owner and the account has been hacked - which isn't easy and usually not successful.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice