1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hotmail email password

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kagdr, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kagdr

kagdr Thread Starter

I have been unable to access my hotmail acct. I somehow set up a 2 step verification .I have a windows phone and thats when the trouble started. It first asks me to fill in my last 4 numbers of my cell phone,its texts me a number,I put that in,then it wants to send me a email. I cant get my emails because its asking for a 2 step verification to get to my email . I have used my husband computer ,and can sometimes get the email . It then makes me change the password. OK. then when I try to access it again it says wrong password and it just keeps going and going.
    It won't let me start a new email acct because the back up email is connected to the hotmail acct.
    I cant get emails on my phone or my tablet
    I bought a new computer today
    I cant install microsoft word because I need my microsoft acct email and password
    I googled help about it , and there was a click here if you need online help,so I did. the person then said they couldnt help me ,but if I call this number the techs there could
    Called the number, I got someone who didnt speak english well, but he claimed my email had been hacked and the password changed by someone in Russia and in China....he then wanted me to give him access to my computer.....I said no
    he gave me a hard time....but I said no way and hung up on him
    I mean,even if he was legit,there is no email program on this 3 hour old computer,so why would you need to get into to it remotely?
    Called the local microsoft store,after pushing all the numbers to get to someone to help me ,a recording came on to tell me to go to Microsoft support online,which I did again....but they want my email and password that I dont have ....
    this has been going on for months ,but with a new computer its just frustrating....knew I should have gotten a Mac
    Can anyone help me please?????

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Re this

You can find a click here - more or less any where on a google search and clicking on anything and calling a number that presumably you do not know who you were speaking to - is most inadvisable

Start here please
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/id-support

that is the same procedure for Outlook - (Hotmail)

re the number sent to you

If your code doesn't work, make sure you enter the numbers in the body of the message, and not the numbers in the header.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/outlook/account-temporarily-blocked

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice