1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail Emails Hijacked

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by TassieBob, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TassieBob

TassieBob Thread Starter

Yesterday I noticed that in one of my email accounts, an email from another of my email accounts that I did not send. Also a friend asked why I was sending him advertising on emails, This was the same as the email that I had noticed just before. I ran IObit 360 and AVG but they didn't find any thing. Can you help.

2. beccibaxter

beccibaxter

sorry i cant but my brother had this problem, i was getting mail from him with adverts. he wasnt even aware. he has some top notch security on his network too and it even bypassed all that. i will ask him if he has sorted it yet and if he has how he did it.

3. unsaidgolf

unsaidgolf

I have the same problem. I changed my password and deleted all my contacts except one. The one I left was my hotmail email just so I could see if this worked. It didn't. My email continued to spam itself. So, I deleted that email address in my contact list and entered in all the email addresses from the spammers. Now they are busy spamming themselves and I've opened another email account.

I also ran several Malware programs on my computer and it appears to be clean at the moment. I sure hope someone comes forward and let's us know how they do this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/883324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice