1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail error (0x800CCC33)forbidden

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lee_1133, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lee_1133

lee_1133 Thread Starter

Hi,

I use outlook for my mail and I keep getting an email on both my hotmail accounts apparantly from hotmail staff saying this below...

"To help protect our users from automatically generated junk e-mail (or spam), MSN Hotmail periodically asks for identity verification.

Please go to http://www.hotmail.msn.com and follow the instructions. It takes only a few minutes and you can then return to using your Hotmail account.

Thank you for helping us to help reduce your junk e-mail.
    Sincerely,
    MSN Hotmail Staff"

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is an unmonitored alias.

The problem is the link does not work when i click it and when i go to hotmail myself and enter my email and password it then asks me to copy what i see in the picture (random letters & numbers) i then access my account through hotmail no problem and when i click send and receive through Outlook my mail arrives no problem but if i send and receive again then same bloody email comes up and i have to do the process all over again.

does anyone get whats going on? I run a business and cannot afford this.
    there does not seem to be any way of contacting hotmail for help either.

regards,

lee_1133

2. aussie girl

aussie girl

Hi Lee, I'm having an identical problem. I have also noticed that the email from hotmail cant be deleted......???? and my problem seemed to coincide with the update of my outlook express through windows update page several days ago.

Ive also noticed a similar thread, where there was a question regarding a possible virus?

3. lee_1133

lee_1133 Thread Starter

Can anyone help us both on this? Someone must have an idea? anyone else having the same problem?

4. aussie girl

aussie girl

Hi Lee,
    There is another thread in "All other software" titled Hotmail verification. I have been following that also, and have requested admin to possibly merge these threads.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice