1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail filtering

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Ram4, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ram4

Ram4 Thread Starter

I hope I have posted it in correct forum ... sorry if I am wrong!!

I have several email accounts from my ISP (Bell Canada) in addition to Hotmail, Gmail etc. I use MS Outlook 2010 to send and receive emails from all these accounts.

Bell Canada's webmail is on Hotmail platform. That is if I use webmail, it looks very similar to Hotmail, with the exception of “Bell” logo instead of Hotmail.

I have been noticing that “junk” mail is not downloaded to my outlook. It stays on the server and I can only see it if I log in to each and every account one by one.

Earler, Hotmail filters had 3-4 setting. The lowest was almost no filter. Hence, all the mails went thru. Now Hotmail has changed filters as follows

Standard - Most junk email is sent to the junk email folder. <--- this is on server, NOT downlaoded to outlook
    Exclusive - Everything is sent to the junk email folder except messages from your contacts and safe senders, Bell Mail service announcements, and alerts that you signed up for.

There are various time consuming and frustrating alternatives

1- Go one by one each account using webmail and take action
    2- Add senders to list of safe senders. Not very practical as some of my senders change their email addresses or I get email from someone I never received before
    3- Change ISP and find someone who does not use Hotmail platform

There must be a better way. Hope someone can suggest.

Thank you very much

I use Toshiba Tecra laptop, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Prof 2010

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice