1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail Inbox messages go to Deleted folder

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by paganus, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paganus

paganus Thread Starter

Hello. About a week ago, in my Hotmail account, all my Inbox messages suddenly began to be 'diverted' straight into my Deleted folder, though (thankfully!) they weren't actually deleted.

(I checked my filter options and found that these were normal (low), and that in any case messages were going into my Deleted folder, not into the Junk one used by the filter. As far as I can see, the limited Hotmail options don't give any direct control over this.)

Then, a few days ago, messages began to come again into my Inbox: but they would remain only for a period, before being diverted to my Deleted folder, as before.

Any help sorting this out would be much appreciated!

PS: This malfunction seems to have affected the Outlook Express access to my Hotmail account too: since I've had this problem with my Hotmail Inbox messages, OE hasn't downloaded any messages from my Hotmail Inbox at all, even when I know that messages are there. When the OE Send and Receive button is clicked, OE searches and authenticates etc, but even when I know a message was in my Hotmail Inbox at that moment, nothing appears in my OE Inbox. Then when I go back to Hotmail, I find the message that was in my Inbox has moved to the Deleted folder! (Whilst this problem persists I have configured OE to leave a copy of messages on the server.)

2. KayJay62

KayJay62

I am also experiencing the same problem. Any solutions would be much appreciated.

3. paganus

paganus Thread Starter

Hello KayJay62, thanks for your response. I'm wondering if my problem stems from ?possibly being hacked. I've been getting bogus emails supposedly from the Windows Live Team telling me that they're deleting accounts to save congestion, and that if I don't reply to their email with my password etc my account will be closed in a week! Needless to say, I haven't sent any details at all, but I did reply to the first email (being unsure whether it was genuine or not) asking for confirmation, which of course never came. It's only since about this time that my problems began...

I still have this problem, and would be grateful if any member(s) could advise how to sort it out, as all my attempts to contact the Hotmail/Windows Live for help have failed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice