1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail messages have all disappeared

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jannymac, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jannymac

jannymac Thread Starter

I have been with Hotmail for years but after logging in today all my incoming mail has disappeared, Im left with my deleted mail, can anyone help please, I use it every day so wasnt a if it was lying dormant, also it wasnt overloaded with stuff either, but I have lost some important stuff.

2. digitalsatori

digitalsatori

This can occur if an email client such as Outlook Express has been used to access your email account. Have you used any email clients such as Outlook Express, Eudora, Incredimail, etc.?

3. jannymac

jannymac Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply, Ive never used any of those you have mentioned, its really frustrating losing this stuff it was quite important.

4. digitalsatori

digitalsatori

Understood. I'm not one to quickly point the finger at unauthorized account access, but is your password easy to guess? Typically, if your email account is used regularly and you haven't been playing around with any email clients that would have downloaded your email from Hotmail, this may be the only other explanation I can think of.

You may want to try contacting Microsoft directly (http://windowslivehelp.com/community/) to see if they can offer some assistance with recovering your lost email.

5. jannymac

jannymac Thread Starter

Thanks for your help anyway, change my password now and then so dont think its that, have written to microsoft several times but no answer, Ill just have to be patient.

6. pcs365_4

pcs365_4

Hi jannymac, if you have contacted Microsoft Hotmail team via an e-mail then see if you find any managers feedback link at the end of the reply e-mail from Microsoft. If you find, then write a detailed e-mail explaining the issue along with the fact that none from Hotmail has contacted. Managers at Microsoft would escalate the issue to some kind of Customer Grievance team. This team would definitely assist you. All the best.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice