hotmail opening email auto?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

juanita81860

:( New to hotmail, how do I stop hotmail emails from opening one after the other, could not find option to stop this! Thanks in advance

Forgive me, I'm not clear on what you mean. Could you explain?

juanita81860

When I open my msn page...the hotmail comes up....once i open the first hotmail , the rest automatically open when i finish the first one... kinda scared of bugs and viruses...don't want the email to open till I open it...does this make since.. thanks

Couple of things. First, what option do you click on after you read the 1st e-mail that shows you the next one? I usually click on delete and it takes me back to the inbox page where I can then select another mail to review.

I'd also like to add the the most all e-mail viruses are delivered via an attachment that you must open; it does not open automaticly when you read an e-mail. So, to be safe, I always save any attached file I recieve for scanning before I open it. So, if you don't open attachments, you will be mostly safe.

I know. I know. Hotmail says it scans attachments with McAfee and everything is ok. Don't trust that scan, it does not catch many viruses!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online