Hotmail or Yahoo mail ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Yahoo is better.

Why HOTMAIL sucks (And I used to have an account in the 90s with them).
1 - owned by Microsoft
2 - More graphical junk to load
3 - Requires a PASSPORT account (oh great, more of your INFO on the net)

It depends a bit on what you want, though.

Hotmail is know for, well, being MicroSoft owned, and that's not necessarily a good thing. It is prone to spam (though MicroSoft's filters are getting better) and and other quirks.
The nice thing about it is that it has many local versions. So if you are not a native English speaker and prefer interface etc. in your own language, there is a chance you can get it.

Yahoo! also has a few "local" versions. My personal experience with it is good. The big minus here is the amount of ads...

There are other free e-mail services as well. Gmail (from Google) is relatively new, but supposedly good. If you intend to store big mails, and keep everything for life, they are the perfect choice, with their 1 GB mailbox. And again, local versions should be(come) available...

sportman10 , g-mail all the way ...pm me if you want an account ....or anybody else in this thread for that matter. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online