1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail + Outlook 2002 = no emails at Hotmail site

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gregoire, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gregoire

gregoire Thread Starter

Hi everyone

I tried to use Outlook 2002 to access my hotmail. I used the POP3 settings, got it to work, and hit send/receive. Now none of my emails from my Inbox are in my hotmail account when I use my web login. Why did it do this and how do I reverse it? I tried to find some answers on the Microsoft site but they give pretty generic answers there. The answers I've got here in the past were much better.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

Try going to Tools > Email Accounts > View or change existing accounts > Select your account and click Change > Click More Settings > Advanced tab. From here there should be a check box that allows you to set whether you want your emails to be left on the server.

3. gregoire

gregoire Thread Starter

Thanks. I need to not rush these things I guess, that was an obviou option.

So is there anyway to get them back into my hotmail account? I use hotmail basically because I can get it everywhere, and now I've kind of ruined that.

4. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

You could send them back to yourself, although they will lose the original order they were in.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/896976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice