1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hotmail:outlook express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by girardh, Jan 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girardh

girardh Thread Starter

i hope someone can address this. i have met one other that this happened to exactly.
    i originally tried to open a msn hotmail account. it made me download a new msn browser. then i couldnt log on. i called msn and they said well get rid of the new browser. i did and it solved the logging on problem but now i cant get into my outlook express account. any ideas, girard

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hotmail is known as "web-based email". That means they "store" your email account on the internet.

Outlook Express is an email program that is designed to "store" your email on your PC.

Do you have an internet service provider.

3. girardh

girardh Thread Starter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dreamboat:
    Hotmail is known as "web-based email". That means they "store" your email account on the internet.

Outlook Express is an email program that is designed to "store" your email on your PC.

Do you have an internet service provider.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    yes i have msn. i have stumbled onto a page called msn access upgrade. at the bottom of the page it mentions that when starting a hotmail acct. you are forced to download the new msn browser( not internet explorer) to read hotmail and youre previous email was changed from a pop3 to a hotmail acct. and without some changes one cant just go back to outlook express. it gives a web page for a solution but it cant be pulled up. i have met several others who are in the same boat as me. there are several other problems. everytime you try to open outlook it starts to dial it and says there is a password problem. i have had it changed at msn three times.they dont seemto know what to do either. it all started with the downloading of that new msn browser. i wish i never had done it. it started a litany of problems actually. most are cleared up but i cant use outlook. i recieve messages but cant get into the acct. thanks girard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/31424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice