Hotmail to Outlook Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gadgetman

I guess this question has been asked before, (sorry), but how can I be notified and to view my Hotmail e-mail from my Outlook Express?

For Notification, I believe the only way to receive it would be with MSN Messenger.

As for actually checking Hotmail email with OE, that's not a problem at all.

In OE, goto tools-accounts-mail tab-add-mail-

set your display name
set your email address (use hotmail address of course

switch incoming mail server to http
switch the http mail service provider to hotmail

fill in your username (your hotmail email address)
fill in your password
check "remember password"

and then you are done with that part

let OE download the folders from hotmail.

then in the OE folders pane, right click on hotmail and go to properties.

Then you must decide if you want your hotmail account to be checked everytime you check your other email if you have another email.

If you only want to check your hotmail when you manually click to receive it, then uncheck "included this account when receiving or synchronizing"

Then you are done with that part.

Now go back to the OE folders pane and left click on hotmail.

uncheck the syncronization boxes for all folders.

Now if you want to check your hotmail email, click on the little arrow next to the send/recv button and select hotmail.

You should be set then.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts