1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail To Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by markwalker, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markwalker

markwalker Thread Starter

Ive recently set up my Hotmail account so it runs in Outlook express, i'm only having one problem and that is how do i get my address book from hotmail into my address book in outlook?? Thanks in advance....

Mark

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Probably the easiest way would be to download the address book, change it to a text file and then import it into your address book.

Open the address book, click on File, Import, Other and then follow the directions.

3. markwalker

markwalker Thread Starter

you might have to take me through it step by step, i'm saving my address book from hotmail as a txt file but when i try to import it onto my outlook address book there is no option to load a text file.... Ta

4. rkselby98

rkselby98

Ok open OE Express, click on File, then click on import.

Then click on "Other address book"

Then click on text file (comma seperated values)

Then click on import and in the next window direct it to where the file is stored.

5. MRBEE

MRBEE

I have the same problem as markwalker and I think you hold the key to resolve it. But, I've been running into all kinds of problem trying to follow your instructions. Here's what I do and what happens:

1. in Hotmail/Address Books I then go File/Save As/ and here I have a choice of 3 formats: HTML, Text Only, or All files. If I choose Text only, I get no bytes transferred. So, I have tried the other two, saving into Word, opening the HTML file and then resaving as a Text file.

2. Then in Outlook Express, I go File/import/other address books I then browse to the text file I saved and when I hit "next" I get an empty box headed "Map the fields you wish to import" and where it allows me to change the map, when I try that the computer locks up.

So -- where have I gone wrong?

Really need your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice