1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail vs Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Miercaky, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Miercaky

Miercaky Thread Starter

I'm just curious as to why OE doesn't have the Junk Mail function like Hotmail? They're both Microsoft programs. Wouldn't that solve a lot of the junk mail problems for OE users? I mean it's so easy to use and it's very effective. Does any one have any thoughts on that?

2. KeithKman

KeithKman

No idea why there isn't a junk filter on OE. Mozilla's Thunderbird has a junk filter that works great.

If you don't want to use Thunderbird, you can get a program called Mail Washer. I use it six times a day.

www.mailwasher.net

3. Miercaky

Miercaky Thread Starter

I'm currently using the Firefox browser with OE for my e-mail. Do you think Thunderbird is just as good as OE?

If I download Thunderbird will I lose my existing OE mail? Will I have to change all my settings if I do decide to download it.

Could you link me to the Thunderbird download site.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi Miercaky

You can download Thunderbird here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

No, you will not lose your existing Outlook Express mail.
    If you would like to receive your messages into both Outlook Express and Thunderbird, one of the programs will need to have the setting for: leave a copy of messages on the server enabled.

You will need to create your mail account in Thunderbird.

5. KeithKman

KeithKman

Any way to move the mail in Thunderbird to Outlook Express? I know you can do it from OE to Thunderbird, but I can't figure out how to do it the other way.

6. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Ah Ha! A Challenge! :D

You could try the File > Save As option and save all the messages as .eml files then drag them into Outlook Express.

Or select more than one message in Thunderbird, Right click, select Forward as an attachment and send it to one of your accounts in Outlook Express.
    In Outlook Express, open the message, select all the attachments and drag them into a folder.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/368391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice