Hotmail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alijay

Recently when I open my Hotmail account it opens in one particular email in a Folder and not in the INBOX. Always opens in the same email. Not a big problem to click on INBOX and get new messages but I can't find out why this has started to happen.
Any ideas as to how I can put this back to how it used to be?
My O/S is Windows XP.
Alijay

try this.
To skip the Windows Live Hotmail Today page and open it right to your Inbox:
•Select Options | More options... from the Windows Live Hotmail toolbar.
•Follow the Windows Live Home settings link under Customize your mail.
•Make sure Show me my inbox when I sign in is selected under Sign in to Hotmail.
•Click Save

try uninstalling and downloading a fresh install,or try a System restore back to a date when the programme was working correctly

alijay

I've sorted the problem, I was opening Hotmail from a link in the Tool Bar after opening Internet Explorer.
If I open Hotmail from the Start Menu it opens directly to the Inbox.
Thanks for the suggestions anyway. I've deleted the link in the Tool Bar.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online