1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hotmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Deke40, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

I use to reveive my Hotmail through OE. Found this slowed my mail process down when it checked Hotmail. Have since changed to broadband and started receiving Hotmail through OE again.

I receive my Hotmail alright but have to go to Hotmail Inbox to read it. Seems like it used to open in my regular OE Inbox. Is that not true?

2. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

AFAIK you <b>always</b> have to go to the Hotmail inbox to view your Hotmail UNLESS you move it to the local inbox with a msg rule.. I know of no other way around this, but just because I don't know it doesn't mean it's not possible..:rolleyes:

3. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

It is not even possible to apply message rules and transfer your mails to regular Inbox. No matter what you do, they will keep coming in to the Hotmail Inbox. You can then right click on them and select Move. That will move them to the regular Inbox.

You can move all of them at the same time be selecting all the messages. Select any one message. Press Ctrl+A to select all the messages. Right Click on any of them and select move.

4. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

abvavguser-Thanks for the info. Even with broadband, hotmail slows my email retrieval down. Without it I can check three mail boxes in about 5 or 6 seconds. Not much of a problem but I guess everbody has their quirks.

5. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Of course it's not. I have no idea what I could have been thinking, just another one of those "momentary lapse(s) of reason" I guess. Thanks for "keeping me in line..:eek:

6. caperjack

caperjack

Guys i just went into Outlook express and tools /accounts and ADD ,and added hotmail ,and it opens in my outlook express window not the hotmail inbox ,when it aked do you want to add folders from hotmail say yes !! worked for me !

7. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

Try sending yourself an email to your hotmail account. Then open OE and see if it is there without having to switch over to the hotmail inbox of your OE.

You get the folders whether you check that option or not. Just hotmails way of letting you know who is in charge.

8. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Hotmail with OE is slow. But the advantage is that you can read and write your mails while you are not connected. This is a major issue with someone like me who is on a dial-up connection. Someone with a cable conection need not worry about this much.

But the second advantage is that you can format your mails in HTML or apply stationeries with Outlook Express and make great looking mails.

But check if MSN Messenger starts automatically when you start Outlook Express. When MSN Messenger is on while you check Hotmail mails with OE, it is extremely slow.

9. caperjack

caperjack

I'am on cable and speed is not a problem ,I got the fixes for the slowdown caused by messanger and it starting when outlook opened here ===http://www.dougknox.com/

10. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

11. weezer2721

weezer2721

I am having problems sending e-mail with attachmens. the pictures do not trnsfer across. My husband gets an e-Mail on his hotmail address with the attachment, but when he sends it to me the attachment is gone or when the attachment does come across I can not open it. What are we doing wrong?
    [email protected]

12. weezer2721

weezer2721

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice